Friday 28 August 2009

Birthday Card for My 10 Year Old Princess!

Birthday Girl 10 high heel Shoes cricut martha stewart personal impressions stamp

My not so little baby has recently turned 10. To celebrate her entering into the double digits I made her a BIG card, It is 12" high. When I took DD's photo with her big card it was only then we realised her top was almost identical in colour and design! LOL

Birthday Girl 10 high heel Shoes cricut martha stewart personal impressions stamp

The high heel shoes are from a Personal Impressions stamp that was sent to me by the team at Crafts Beautiful. It is actually an iris folding stamp, but I masked out those areas before I stamped it on patterned card. It is heat embossed with black sparkle embossing powder and filled in with holographic silver and turquoise glitter. The shoes are adhered using foam dots.

Birthday Girl 10 high heel Shoes cricut martha stewart personal impressions stamp

The ric rac and ribbon on the side I stitched with the sewing machine and sparkle embroidery thread.
Birthday Girl 10 high heel Shoes cricut martha stewart personal impressions stamp

The number 10 I cut on my cricut expression cutting machine using the storybook cartridge and then glittered all over. I also cut Birthday Girl for the inside and added some bling! I used a Martha Stewart zig zag border punch on patterned card for the lacy effect down the right side of the card.

Birthday Girl 10 high heel Shoes cricut martha stewart personal impressions stamp

I will be looking at fabric and clothing for future ideas for colours and layouts as it was such a big hit! Anyway I would love to hear what you think.
Sewdelish signature

2 comments:

  1. ooohhh, how gorgeous is that!!1 Love the bling bling shoes too, great work

    kazx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised when I scrolled down and saw that card was over sized. I think that's the first hand stamped card I've ever seen that large, seriously. Love the glitter shoes, that's my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

To add a link copy the code below and insert the url where it says YOUR BLOG URL(between the quotation marks). It should then show a clickable link in your comment.


<a href="YOUR BLOG URL">See Here</a>


Comments left that include email addresses or blatant advertising will not be published for your protection and that of other viewers.

SewDelish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...