Thursday 28 August 2008

Adding a Watermark to Your Photos.

I thought I would share with you the information I used to learn how to make a watermark for my photos.
It is here
and actually uses photodraw, but the instructions are very easy to follow so you can adapt them to suit what ever program you have.

I usually make the watermark using fancy fonts and I save it separately to just copy and paste each time I want to add a watermark to a photo. It saves having to create a watermark each time. My current watermark is made using a free fonts downloaded from the web. One of them is a floral font. I just add text boxes with the individual images/font letter and arrange them until I am happy. I then group them as one image and adjust how transparent it is before saving as my watermark. Make sure the colour will show up on your photos. You don't want it too light or too dark.

Here is a site that explains how to add a watermark to your photos using word or photoshop,

and here is how to do one in a flikr account,

Lastly here is a video for visual learners.

Adding a watermark will not stop someone from copying your photos and claiming them as their own, (as has happened to me) but it will show who they belong to and hopefully prevent it. If you add your blog name too this will help.

I hope the links above help you add a watermark to your photos. If you find a really easy tutorial you would like to share I will add the link here. Just leave a comment below for me to check it out.

Have fun creating!

SewDelish
xx
Sewdelish signature

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment! Glad you enjoyed the flower tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to know how to add watermarks to photos. I love that effect. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your blog a lot. keep up the good work and I would be pleased if you to check out my blog anytime :)
    www.andaluss.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know why this worked with me for a while but now the pic dont want to upload when they have a watermark on them or text..any clue??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

To add a link copy the code below and insert the url where it says YOUR BLOG URL(between the quotation marks). It should then show a clickable link in your comment.


<a href="YOUR BLOG URL">See Here</a>


Comments left that include email addresses or blatant advertising will not be published for your protection and that of other viewers.

SewDelish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...