Friday 18 April 2008

Magnolia Stamp Challenge - Girl's Party Hat

Magnolia Stamp Tilda challenge

I have made this girls party hat for the Ribbon Challenge over at Tilda and Co. I wanted to create something a little bit different . I used the stamped image sent to me by Susie B and painted her using an aquawash paint pen. I then partially overlaid her with a paper doily spattered with Encore Metallic stamps using a paint brush. This was glued onto a pink card party hat that I traced from an old one. Finally I added the stamped flourishes, false eyelets and ribbons. What do you think of my self designed eyelets? Don't they look like the real thing?
Just click on the photos to get a bigger view.

Magnolia Stamp Tilda challenge

I wasn't too sure how she would turn out, I didn't have much of a plan, but I am glad to say I like it and so does my DD who had to try it on before I could photograph it!

This is the back view with pastel pink organza ribbon, candy pink satin ribbon and gold edged purple satin ribbons trailing down like a princess hat.

Magnolia Stamp Tilda challenge


By the way I have been giving my new Cuttlebug a workout and I feel a couple of tutorials coming on, so stay tuned.
Sewdelish signature

6 comments:

  1. This party hat looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'O' that is brilliant - just love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done, excellent party hat, and good use of your magnolia stamp.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too adorable! Absolutely LOVE it!
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ME ENCANTA SU BLOG VISIT OFTEN NOW THAT I'M HER SO FOLLOW FOLLOWED BY MORE HERE ...
    SOY DE CHILE IS NO PLACE YOU KNOW THAT MY SCRAPBOOK LOT ARE MORE CRAFT WORK
    UN BESO Y MUCHAS BENDICIONES
    SINCE THE LAST PLACE IN THE WORLD
    CHILE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

To add a link copy the code below and insert the url where it says YOUR BLOG URL(between the quotation marks). It should then show a clickable link in your comment.


<a href="YOUR BLOG URL">See Here</a>


Comments left that include email addresses or blatant advertising will not be published for your protection and that of other viewers.

SewDelish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...