Monday 25 May 2009

Button Crafting - Is it a Necklace, a Belt or a Bracelet?

Make Buttons Jewelery Shabby Chic Button Wire Necklace Bracelet Belt Jewellery

If you have been following my blog you will know I have just a few(wink wink) buttons! So I decided to actually use some of my buttons rather than just play with them LOL! I also entered this into a challenge on the Crafts Beautiful forum for the launch of the new Sew magazine.

Make Buttons Jewelery Shabby Chic Button Wire Necklace Bracelet Belt Jewellery

I started out with the intention of making a button belt and then once it was finished I thought it would make a gorgeous button necklace when combined with a handcrafted pearl necklace.

Make Buttons Jewelery Shabby Chic Button Wire Necklace Bracelet Belt Jewellery

It also looks funky as wrap around bracelet! It might even make a really interesting headband as well but I think I prefer it as a shabby chic style necklace.

Make Buttons Jewelery Shabby Chic Button Wire Necklace Bracelet Belt Jewellery

It took me about 2 hours to design and create. All the buttons are threaded onto one really long piece of wire folded in half. No two buttons the same with 61 used in total. It took me ages to go through my buttons to find all the ones in just the right colours with each one being different. I made a loop closure as a feature at one end with pearl beads. I varied how I wired the buttons too. Some I threaded the wire through simply, some twisted, or criss-crossed, some over and under opposite ways and a few have been thread through backwards and the wire twisted into a coil on the top.

Make Buttons Jewelery Shabby Chic Button Wire Necklace Bracelet Belt Jewellery

I am not generally one for buttons on jewellery but this one I am really happy with. I would love to hear what you think.

Sewdelish signature

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh buttons! I love buttons. This is fabulous.
    Cindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttons, BUTTONS!!!!!!! Sorry ^^ I love it, it's just amazing. I hope it wins that challange. Good luck, though you don't need that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would wear this out to parties and weddings too, it's a stunner my dear friend. Just gorgeous! I can understand why it took you 2 hours to make altogeter. Worth it too hun, excellently beautiful!

    natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your necklaces and bracelets are gorgeous. What a work of art! Thank you for sharing such pretty creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are brilliant!! Another way to use buttons.. Great idea!!
    Diana
    DjStoreRoom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the buttons used as a necklace! I have a weakness for buttons too - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely things. what wire did you use? or also, what is the best type of thread too use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

To add a link copy the code below and insert the url where it says YOUR BLOG URL(between the quotation marks). It should then show a clickable link in your comment.


<a href="YOUR BLOG URL">See Here</a>


Comments left that include email addresses or blatant advertising will not be published for your protection and that of other viewers.

SewDelish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...