Saturday 16 May 2009

Mother's Day Cards using Twisted Paper Flowers 2009

mother's day card cricut mothers blue flower vellum twisted paper flowers cards

mother's day card cricut mothers blue flower vellum twisted paper flowers cards

I can now show you the cards I made for Mother's Day. They are very feminine and I love how they turned out. They were relatively quick to make and our Mums loved them.

mother's day card cricut mothers blue flower vellum twisted paper flowers cards

On both of the cards I used twisted paper flowers which I made on my daisy wheel. A daisy wheel is a small knitting loom use for making wool flowers. They only take a couple of minutes each to make. I have been making a stash of them in different colours whilst watching TV. I combined the twisted paper flowers with vellum flowers and glittered silk flowers as well as a button from my huge button collection that you may remember from my previous post! Two down and many many more to go! LOL

mother's day card cricut mothers blue flower vellum twisted paper flowers cards

The Mother's Day sentiment I wrote in gel pen on a scalloped tag I cut using the Storybook cartridge and my Cricut Expression. The swirls looked too much on the blue card so I removed them and used them as part of the flower.

mother's day card cricut mothers blue flower vellum twisted paper flowers cards

I also made a very tiny dent in my ribbon and lace collection too using some on the cards. The longest piece was only 16cm(6 & 1/2") long. Oh well I guess every little bit helps!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day including those of you with furkids!
As always I love to read your comments and try to visit your blog in return when I can. Have a great weekend.
Sewdelish signature

5 comments:

  1. Wow them cards are amazing, you obviously put a lot of effort into those, and yes I remember the buttons I’m addicted to buttons myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards no wonder your mums loved them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning and fresh Mothers Day cards, both Mums will have loved these, these are divine! LOVE the paprs very much and your flowers are just excellent hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the design of these cards! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I want to make something like this for my mom. Thanks for sharing this post. I've got an idea.

    -yumi-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

To add a link copy the code below and insert the url where it says YOUR BLOG URL(between the quotation marks). It should then show a clickable link in your comment.


<a href="YOUR BLOG URL">See Here</a>


Comments left that include email addresses or blatant advertising will not be published for your protection and that of other viewers.

SewDelish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...