Wednesday 23 January 2008

Crafts Beautiful Magazine Valentine's Day Challenge

I thought I would share with you the card I made for the Valentine's Day card challenge over at Crafts Beautiful. The only restrictions were to not use pink or red.

Well since I had been making some yummy chocolates yesterday, it just seemed to me that adding a chocolate component would be well Soooo Delicious!!! Actually SewDelish!(pardon the pun)

Anyway with a little bit of melted chocolate, a paintbrush and a mini ziplock bag I produced this...

Valentine's Day Lickable Card

It is a lickable card!

All the hearts are edible and the rest of the card is designed to be a keepsake. The paper that the chocolate is on is foodsafe too, so no worries there. (My secret is baking paper - which has a vellum look to it)

There are little forget-me-not type flowers on the large heart. Not that my DH is likely to forget me, but I just thought them appropriate. The hearts are made from dark chocolate and the leaves and flowers are coloured white chocolate!

MMMMMMM! not sure if this will actually make it to Valentine's Day. It might just melt in this Aussie weather, don't you think? ........especially if it is in my mouth!
Sewdelish signature

3 comments:

  1. That's so Cute!
    I've tagged you for a fun little game, if you'd like to play along please check out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, I have linked to you and on my way to tag.....>>>>>>>>>>

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, that's a really clever idea regarding your flavorful card communications. (Plus, it just turned out really cute.)

    I'm wondering if you couldn't apply the same principles with a bit of a Willy Wonka theme, too. It's got that "lickable wallpaper" feel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

To add a link copy the code below and insert the url where it says YOUR BLOG URL(between the quotation marks). It should then show a clickable link in your comment.


<a href="YOUR BLOG URL">See Here</a>


Comments left that include email addresses or blatant advertising will not be published for your protection and that of other viewers.

SewDelish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...